Fly Fusion Forums

New User Group Being Set Up For Park Canada

Guest Sundancefisher

Guest Sundancefisher

I am not sure how you can get in. I got a password on a black bear post card in Yoho.

www.join.parkslistens.ca

maybe if you called someone at parks canada you could get a password. we need more fishermen involved in groups like this. Or maybe email them at info@parkslistens.ca

Cheers

Sun

I am not sure how you can get in. I got a password on a black bear post card in Yoho.

www.join.parkslistens.ca

maybe if you called someone at parks canada you could get a password. we need more fishermen involved in groups like this. Or maybe email them at info@parkslistens.ca

Cheers

Sun

what was your pass word

Guest Sundancefisher

This is all I could find on the net...

"Parks Listens"

'ParksListens' is an Internet-based survey system that enables Parks Canada to conduct on-line surveys with a pool of willing participants who have visited one of our seven mountain parks. Visitors are invited to join the survey at the mountain park gates throughout the year. To date, approximately 10,000 online participants receive a new survey every 4 to 6 weeks and typically 2000 and 3000 participate in each study.

'ParksListens' has many benefits including accelerated and timelier research results, and increased flexibility to ask a broad range of questions at any time of the year with the appropriate visitor sector.

The 2006 pilot project has been extended annually and surveys conducted to date include:

Bears and Risk Perception (Nov 2006)

PEAKS Connection (August 2007 - revised)

The Camping Experience (February 2007)

Fire in National Parks (July 2007)

Mountain Pine Beetles in National Parks (September 2007)

Mountain Park Visitors - Focus on Camping (October 2007)

Bow Valley Parkway, Banff National Park (December 2007)

Banff East Gate (January 2008)

Bison in Waterton Lakes National Park (February 2008)

Communicating with our Mountain Park Visitors: Looking at the Parks Canada Mountain Guide (March 2008)

Main Sponsor: Parks Canada

Project Lead: Sylvanna Hegmann

Further Information

For further information or a list of all research projects, please see the Research in National Parks or contact Heather Dempsey at 403.762.1464 or heather.dempsey@pc.gc.ca