Fly Fusion Forums

Elkwood Campground

"B" are you wanting to hike in or drive in, cast from shore or float tube/pontoon?! You are in a prime area for K Lakes, Rawson, Elbow Lake and many, many others!! Upper reaches of both the Sheep and Highwood, as well as Cataract Creek, etc. just to name a few...

"P"eter

Anyone camped out around this area? I'm going for a hike but would like to go exploring some the creeks around there. Any suggestions on any in particular i should target.

Thanks,

B

Other then Lower K lakes... Not really... There are some really small creeks in the area (Boulton Creek, for example) but I've never fished them though they should hold fish?! If you make it up to the "Inter Lakes" area (short drive from the campground) there are several 7 km - 10 km hikes that will put you in some good water (PM me for specifics)... From the Mt. Sarrail trail head (again a short drive from the campground) you can hike into Rawson (lots of people) or Aster (I don't think Hidden lake holds any fish). Elbow Lake trail head is a short drive as well and only about 1 km hike in (= lots of people), or a bit further down hwy 40 you can get into Pickle Jar lakes (smallish fish in the 2nd & 3rd lakes).

Cheers,

Peter

I'll be hiking most likely...unless it's easy access by car from the campground. No pontoon or float tube so it will be from shore.

Anything walking distance from the Elkwood campsite?

Thanks,

B