Fly Fusion Forums

Questions About Jasper

mac

I'm headed to Jasper for the long weekend and was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. Anyone have any spots they want to share that would be good at this time of year? I'm a little (super) green, and all I will be able to do is fish from shore, but I'd like to spend a day or two getting my line wet.

Any advice would be much appreciated,

Thanks guys,

Mac

2 years ago I went on a horseback trip along the skyline trial just outside of jasper. About 15 minutes into the trip we came across a small lake which was absolutely hopping with good sized trout. I still dream about wetting my line in the lake and will have to make a trip up some time soon. It could easily be fished from shore but a belly boat would be amazing. I will see if i can track down the lake's name.

Good luck.

Mike

checkout the maligne river I believe it should be open. Its flyfishing only fish between medicine lake and maligne lake for best results. medicine lake can offer some fun fishing when it drains down to just the channel not sure what the conditions are now but i figure the water is likely starting to drop a bit already but it likely won't be a channel for the time you are there. Also Pyramid can be fun in th evening for rising whites and rainbows. Go into online sport and tackle I have always found them fairly helpful as far as fly shops go.

I'm headed to Jasper for the long weekend and was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. Anyone have any spots they want to share that would be good at this time of year? I'm a little (super) green, and all I will be able to do is fish from shore, but I'd like to spend a day or two getting my line wet.

Any advice would be much appreciated,

Thanks guys,

Mac

if you like lakes pyramid can be good at night especially when there's little wind, moab lake is a nice lake aswell there should be some nice dry fly fishing, but you need a boat (online) or a float tube because shore fishing is hard out there.

if you don't mind a little hike wabasso is a nice little lake aswell, but again a float tube is the best way to go (no boats there).

if you bring a spin rod talbot should be good for a couple of pike.

enjoy your time there, it's a very nice place to be and fish.

greetz,

zuggbugg