Fly Fusion Forums

Rod Tubes. Where To Buy

hi all i have recently purchased a sage flight 4wt 4pc fly rod and when i purchased the rod the clerk mentioned that it comes with a rod case with a reel attachment built onto it. When i heard of this i wondered to myself why do i need that when i already have a two rod case with reel attachments on them. Anyways to my quasion. where can you order or purchase nice metal or aluminum rod tubes.

Thankx alot

Matt

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

Fish tales has them in the back by the reels or you could make your own out of PVC toobs and end caps

All (new) Sage rods come with a standard tube! The one with an attached reel pouch is purchased separately (they sell them in different lengths, so make sure you know is your buying one for a 4 piece, 3 piece and what length for the specific rod)! If you have one for a another rod already, if it fits, you're golden, unless you are bringing a quiver with you then you need one for each rod... In that case, as I do (as many others), I have a double rod tube to bring 2 loaded rods with me, ready to go!!

Cheers,

P

P.S. Most fly shops and other fishing retailers will have them...

hi all i have recently purchased a sage flight 4wt 4pc fly rod and when i purchased the rod the clerk mentioned that it comes with a rod case with a reel attachment built onto it. When i heard of this i wondered to myself why do i need that when i already have a two rod case with reel attachments on them. Anyways to my quasion. where can you order or purchase nice metal or aluminum rod tubes.

Thankx alot

Matt

All (new) Sage rods come with a standard tube! The one with an attached reel pouch is purchased separately

Unfortunately, the Sage Flights do come with the reel pouch and not a standard tube. Like 420 says, PVC pipe, glue and a couple of screw on end caps and you have a strong, cheap tube.

I stand corrected... Though why did that particular rod not come with one then?!

P

Unfortunately, the Sage Flights do come with the reel pouch and not a standard tube. Like 420 says, PVC pipe, glue and a couple of screw on end caps and you have a strong, cheap tube.