Fly Fusion Forums

Out In The Hills

snakeman

Got out west of the city yesterday morning to do some cutthroat fishing. I stubbornly fished dries for an hour but it just wasn't happening. Switched to a heavy golden stone and found a few in the deeper runs. It was great practise for high-sticking without an indicator, I don't think these trout mind a bit of drag. First cutt of 09:

cutt2-1.jpg

Didn't find any bigger ones but that was ok, I'd be happy to catch these little 6" gems all day (and am I the only weirdo here who loves the smell of little cutties?) I also nailed my first bully of the season - a 4" beast that barely managed to fit the fly in his jaw.

I came across a pair of boreal toads in the woods and stopped for some photo ops

borealtoad-1.jpg

And stopped to snap some flowers too. Once again ID help would be appreciated:

flower3-1.jpg

flower1-1.jpg

Got out west of the city yesterday morning to do some cutthroat fishing. I stubbornly fished dries for an hour but it just wasn't happening. Switched to a heavy golden stone and found a few in the deeper runs. It was great practise for high-sticking without an indicator, I don't think these trout mind a bit of drag. First cutt of 09:

cutt2-1.jpg

Didn't find any bigger ones but that was ok, I'd be happy to catch these little 6" gems all day (and am I the only weirdo here who loves the smell of little cutties?) I also nailed my first bully of the season - a 4" beast that barely managed to fit the fly in his jaw.

I came across a pair of boreal toads in the woods and stopped for some photo ops

borealtoad-1.jpg

And stopped to snap some flowers too. Once again ID help would be appreciated:

flower3-1.jpg

The second plant is Silky Scorpionweed also called Mountain Phacelia.

I am haing trouble with the first one...I will figure it out ;mornCoffee:

flower1-1.jpg

Steve that shot was freakin hiliroious I almost pissed my pants laughing, it really does look like the snake is smiling.

Snake, aswome photo's can't wait till my two weeks off to spend some time in the mountains away from all the crap the city life brings.