Fly Fusion Forums

I played in a charity scramble today in the bloody hurricane. I used my new Cleveland HiBore XLS Pro (which means a 3 degree open face, 9.5 degree loft, stiff shaft, lower ball flight). I can describe my first impression in one word:

Boom.

Has that ugly big driver sound and look, but my lord does it hit the ball long and straight. I found that with the open face I could really attack the ball, ripping my hands through the hitting zone with little fear of the big hook. I might have missed 2 or 3 fairways in all that wind, and 2 of those just barely. My brother in law has one, picked it up at Golf Town for $200 (which is stupid cheap). I got mine on eBay for the same price. This is the driver Vijay uses.

Highly, highly recommended. Big shot of the day? 550 yd par 5, down wind. Drove it in the water at 180 yds (that's 370 yds if you're counting).

The guys who are in the long ball tour don't appear in the top money lists of the PGA Tex.

You won't enjoy that club on Elbow Springs next year. Many holes aren't that long. You'll be bouncing balls off our cart instead of rolling them up to our heels. Did you put any notches in the shaft at the charity tourney?

Turns out our packing is going better than expected so I slipped away to fish today.

• 1 month later...
Guest Sundancefisher

I for one wanna encourage Rickr to golf way more...

In fact I would say the best thing we can do for the resource is to encourage more golfing.

<--poke--<

Actually...I am a little jeolous. Can't hit long...can't hit straight...and have not been out all year...

LOLOL :)

Rickr we gotta get golfing someday man... "do you breathe in or out on your backswing??"

Funny! But I think you are far better suited to getting in my head on hook setting methods than trying to mess with my head on the golf course. And I don't breath at all on my backswing!

• 3 weeks later...
I played in a charity scramble today in the bloody hurricane. I used my new Cleveland HiBore XLS Pro (which means a 3 degree open face, 9.5 degree loft, stiff shaft, lower ball flight). I can describe my first impression in one word:

Boom.

Has that ugly big driver sound and look, but my lord does it hit the ball long and straight. I found that with the open face I could really attack the ball, ripping my hands through the hitting zone with little fear of the big hook. I might have missed 2 or 3 fairways in all that wind, and 2 of those just barely. My brother in law has one, picked it up at Golf Town for $200 (which is stupid cheap). I got mine on eBay for the same price. This is the driver Vijay uses.

Highly, highly recommended. Big shot of the day? 550 yd par 5, down wind. Drove it in the water at 180 yds (that's 370 yds if you're counting).

My wife and I went to the LPGA today and saw a Korean girl who's less than half your size hit about 320 yards without a tail wind. Did you give her lessons?

I wish.

Saw an LPGA event many, many moons ago. If memory serves, Patty Sheehan won it in a playoff. I found it highly enjoyable. I remember chatting with Beth Daniel for like several minutes. She was a fresh faced rookie. This would have been early 80s in Orlando.

Nobody in those days was hitting it 320. Hell, not many guys were.

I wish.

Saw an LPGA event many, many moons ago. If memory serves, Patty Sheehan won it in a playoff. I found it highly enjoyable. I remember chatting with Beth Daniel for like several minutes. She was a fresh faced rookie. This would have been early 80s in Orlando.

Nobody in those days was hitting it 320. Hell, not many guys were.

say guys I have a question for you who golf...is it true?...I was told that ppl who play golf are the ones that "hockey" rejected ..so is it true?.....I'm asking cause I don't play either sport..but love 'guns and roses'...th_ARNOLD1.gif............Wolfie