Fly Fusion Forums

Heading To New Brunswick

Hello to all. I'm heading to New Brunswick in a couple of weeks. I will head out to fish some trout streams with an old friend of 90 years - he's showing me his old favourites. I'm wondering if any of you folks are from the east and can suggest some favourite flies that I should tie up or seek out. I think I can use weighted flies in inland waters so long as I am not fishing for Atlantic Salmon. If I am lucky, I may get some salmon fishing iaction too on the Miramichi and some trout/bass fishing on Lake Oromocto or the St. John River.

Any suggestions or advices is very welcome and appreciated.

Thanks.

The usual nymphs and wooly buggers should work, muddler minnows. Small brown and black dries work on brookies aswell. As for salmon flies the classics such as the blue charm, thunder & lighting, with both the black moose hair wing and white wing. The most popular dryfly for salmon in NF is the orange bug tied with a tail on each end (which is called a bomber). These flies worked for me when I lived in NF, brookies are pretty easy to catch, salmon on the other hand can be a little tricky.

Hello to all. I'm heading to New Brunswick in a couple of weeks. I will head out to fish some trout streams with an old friend of 90 years - he's showing me his old favourites. I'm wondering if any of you folks are from the east and can suggest some favourite flies that I should tie up or seek out. I think I can use weighted flies in inland waters so long as I am not fishing for Atlantic Salmon. If I am lucky, I may get some salmon fishing iaction too on the Miramichi and some trout/bass fishing on Lake Oromocto or the St. John River.

Any suggestions or advices is very welcome and appreciated.

Thanks.

A lot of your basic trout flys, adams, misquitos, muddllers, some small buck bugs. trout are trout BUT if you get a chance don't pass it up to go salmon fishing, carry a green machine and blue charm and an undertaker. Good Luck