Fly Fusion Forums

Find Me Spot

Anyone have any experience with Spot GPS locators? How reliable are they? Looks like a good idea if you fish alone in remote areas, but I'm not sure how the coverage is in Alberta.

I have been using mine since last Christmas and it is great.. Provides a great deal of POM, Piece of Mind .

The coverage is perfect here in Alberta, if you can see the sky then you can get a signal out.. I have fished in heavy snow and cloud cover and in canyons, and no prob..

I even take it with me for road trips etc..

Do not hesitate get one...

It is Satellite not Cell so there should be no dead spots..

It does what it says it can do, and is easy to set up..

I generally fish alone and hunt alone and this is one thing the wife insists on me getting. They are easy to pack and reliable. And like FFW says the piece of mind is much better than getting ripped a new one from coming home late from a day of fishing/hunting that you just can't pull away from.

I generally fish alone and hunt alone and this is one thing the wife insists on me getting. They are easy to pack and reliable. And like FFW says the piece of mind is much better than getting ripped a new one from coming home late from a day of fishing/hunting that you just can't pull away from.

This is what my 911 message says...

My Dogs name is Fischer, he is big and black, a German Shepherd, he is very friendly, but loves me...

He may not be with me all the time but..

If you see him tell him it is OK, and ask were is Ray...

Plse rescue him also

If you cannot get to me, rescue him ..

You can modify it to say what ever you need for the situation, I will change mine when I hunt in the fall..

I picked one up at Future Shop last night. It's a bit bulkier than the pictures make it seem but still not too big to be inconvenient. I like the ability to also let people know that you're ok if you lose track of time and end up being out later than you're expected back. The tracking service with Google Maps looks really cool too. Can't wait to use that and see how much ground I cover in a day.