Fly Fusion Forums

First Trip Of '09

sirocco

Hey Bandee,

Thanks for the comments!

I made my own tilt/shift lens and use it on my DSLR. I'm still on the fence as to whether or not it works for fishing photos or not. I like it, but I'm interested in what the general fishing public thinks of the effect.

I used to have a website, but since I no longer shoot on a semi-pro level I decided earlier this year to take it down.

I find that it's too much hassle to pull the camera out for fish pics :P

Cheers

Erik

Hey Bandee,

Thanks for the comments!

I made my own tilt/shift lens and use it on my DSLR. I'm still on the fence as to whether or not it works for fishing photos or not. I like it, but I'm interested in what the general fishing public thinks of the effect.

I used to have a website, but since I no longer shoot on a semi-pro level I decided earlier this year to take it down.

I find that it's too much hassle to pull the camera out for fish pics :P

Cheers

Erik

Right, should have recognized that it is made with a tilt(shift) lens... I have never own one, but I certainly like the result.

You're right! I love my dSLR, but it is too cumbersome to be always with me and slows me down. Nowadays, I balance between using a dSLR and a point-and-shoot.

I think it worked beautifully for the second pic, but I'm undecided on the other two. In the third pic it would've been really cool to see the line shooting out but I think the shift blurred it. At first I didn't like that the mountains were blurred on the first one but the more I look at it the more I like it. Great composition on all of them though. Keep 'em coming!

• 4 weeks later...
I think it worked beautifully for the second pic, but I'm undecided on the other two. In the third pic it would've been really cool to see the line shooting out but I think the shift blurred it. At first I didn't like that the mountains were blurred on the first one but the more I look at it the more I like it. Great composition on all of them though. Keep 'em coming!

You can use the online app called pixlr. It has a tilt shift feature that lets you make some adjustments. Try it out: http://www.pixlr.com/editor/