Fly Fusion Forums

New Rod For The Bow... Need Help

Guest JayVee
Hello,

I just wanted to thank everyone for their suggestions. I ended up going with a Sage Flight. The sage just felt a little better compared to some of the others I tried (though I am not an expert caster, and didn't notice a huge difference between the rods I tried). I also ended up picking up a SA gpx line. I was a bit surprised that fish tales wouldn't price match some other stores in town on the rod. However I understand that the buying power of the small shops can't compare with the big box retailers. The price difference wan't huge and I wanted to support the local shop. I am hoping to get out tomorrow morning to give it a go. Thanks to those who offered to let me try out their personal rods to make my decision.

Thanks Again,

Brent

I put that GPX line on my new Hatch and I'm thoroughly impressed. I noticed an immediate improvement over my old Ultra, which was also a decent line for the price. But the GPX casts weighted rigs and roll casts much better. I would replace it in a heartbeat.

Which fly shop carries Loop Multi rods. I am in the market for a new rod and would like to look at them.

M

we have them in stock

Whistler Flyfishing

around 3 days turnaround to Alberta-sweetest rod out there for under $500 (retail around $300 depending on model). Give me a shout at 1-888-822-3474 if you have any questions or would like more info on Loop warranty.

Brian Niska

Well I got out for a few hours this morning. I'm loving the rod. The gpx line loads the rod nicely.. The rod is smooth, and I didn't find it too fast. Fishing was slow, but I couldn't have cared less, I was having too much fun:) I also saw a gentleman fall out of a drift boat. He looked to be okay, just a little embarrased ^_^ . Not to sure what happened but they may have struck a gravel bar.

Which fly shop carries Loop Multi rods. I am in the market for a new rod and would like to look at them

M

Southbow Fly & Tackle On Dunbow will be receiving some Loop rod and reels next week sometime , with lots of toys for the boys to demo.

• 5 months later...
Bingo.

I'd also add, if your budget is 400 bucks, ask the shop to cover up all the names on the rods, and find the one that suits YOU best. I find more people think a rod's better becuase of the name on the side of it. No rod is all that much better than another.. you just have to change YOUR casting to match each stick. I've seen guys cast a 50 dollar canadian tire rod with perfect loops all day, and guys with 1000 dollar high end sage's and 30 years fishing not throw a nice loop, ever.. so go find something that suits you and that you like to cast and that your accurate with, and forget about the name on it :) You might prefer a 100 dollar rod, you might find that you prefer an 800 dollar rod (and if so, hopefully your not married yet LOL). You never know.

Totally. I went and bought a $100 TFO rod and its the best rod I have used.

Looks like this thread was dug up from the past. I ended up going with the flight and I really like it. I used it a lot (for me at least) this summer and fall and have fished with it easily 40+ days. I use it for streamers, nymphs and dries. A really nice rod, and thanks to everyone for your help.