Fly Fusion Forums

Computer Geeks

anyone familiar with replaceing hd in a Toshiba Tecra S1 laptop???

I have purchased a replacement but not sure how to access the bay. And once done do I use the Toshiba disks that came with the machine BEFORE the windows disks??

Tks.

Angler

Did your laptop come with a recovery disk, or did you have no make one?

Alot of factory built units are coming with a partition HD that has the units recovery disk, I know with my toshiba it came with the disks but that was about 2 years ago roughly.

Not sure how to explain this properly but is the replacement HD formated? If not this will be needed to be done first. Once that then install windows then toshiba drivers (If you have a recovery disk it should have the windows os on it and all the drivers, not sure I haven't had to format or replace a HD in almost 6 years and my desktop was customed built by a co-worker)

I also suggest after initial setup done to install virus/protection first then do windows updates and then whatever afterwards.

I belive the tech at my work says this roughly takes anywhere from 2 to 4 hrs, after that you can install all yours apps.

Anyways hope that helped some.