Fly Fusion Forums

Half Way

I am going to meet my friend somewhere between the playoff city (Calgary) and the can't make the playoffs city (Edmonton). We are thinking around Nordegg are seems like half way.

I am looking for suggestions of good places to go around the Forestry Trunk Road.

This trip has two purposes, one is to hang out and do some fishing and the other is to scope out some campgrounds. I was curious if anyone has some good suggestions of campgrounds I should ckeck-out as there are so many on the ftr around Nordegg and area. We are looking for campgrounds with private-ish spots and good fishing. Ideas?

And another note is there any areas we should maybe avoid since we do not have 4x4's? I have never been on the ftr around this area.

ram falls is a cool campground and there is good fishing nearby. If you want you could just find a camp off the ftr and random camp. Lots of spots you could get a non 4 by 4 vehicle. hope this helps

Can you actually just random camp off the FTR? Are there rules? such as fire wood fire pits etc... Because that sounds sweet

Can you actually just random camp off the FTR? Are there rules? such as fire wood fire pits etc... Because that sounds sweet

if you want to random camp you have to be 1 km off the main road, the humingbird off highway vehicle area is a great spot to free(random) camp and you can get down there easy with 2 wheel drive it is located at the first right north off ramm falls campground there are spots right on the river to be had and the fishing was good last year.

if you want to random camp you have to be 1 km off the main road, the humingbird off highway vehicle area is a great spot to free(random) camp and you can get down there easy with 2 wheel drive it is located at the first right north off ramm falls campground there are spots right on the river to be had and the fishing was good last year.

There a bunch of "primitive" sites around the area, along with a few provincial campgrounds. As the last post said, Ram Falls is beautiful, great fishin, I usually spend my time on the North Ram, there is a provincial campground right where the trunk road meets the n.ram around 20-30km east of Nordegg. You can camp there, or take the North fork in the road and head up a few km's to one of the few scattered primitive sites. On a good day the North Ram is unreal, on a slow day you may only see a few. Scenery is beautiful, except for the grazing cattle that often leave camp a mine field. Had some of my best cutty days ever on the N.Ram though.

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

yah, most everything is still closed for a few months.....this is killing me....i hate the bow and cant wait to be back up the FTR.

On the 15th i sit at the cusp of the FTR and rev my engine untill 12:01 AM on the 16th and then drop the clutch and all wheel drive burn out up the gravel.