Fly Fusion Forums

Sink Tip For Streamers

cuttbow

Am looking at my vast array of lines. Was wondering instead of changing cartridges or lines when im on the river, I have 2 pkgs of T-14, Would it work if i made interchangable sink tips to add to the end of my dry lines via loop knot.. My dry lines are GPX. Im not talkin about 10-15 ft but 3-7 ft so i can change to streamers on the fly. Am i asking for trouble b4 i start choppin up tips. Thanks for the input.

Yup, works great! You could set one with 5' one with 10'. etc. depending on the depth, speed of the H2O you are fishing.

P

Am looking at my vast array of lines. Was wondering instead of changing cartridges or lines when im on the river, I have 2 pkgs of T-14, Would it work if i made interchangable sink tips to add to the end of my dry lines via loop knot.. My dry lines are GPX. Im not talkin about 10-15 ft but 3-7 ft so i can change to streamers on the fly. Am i asking for trouble b4 i start choppin up tips. Thanks for the input.

i would say start at 10 0r 12 feet and cast em figure out if its too long for you or just right if so chop it until you find the length you like too fish then pick up some more tips and cut em too that length.. most shots sell t-4 t-6 t-11 t-14 etc........ that way u can have a number of sink rates with tips that cast in the sweet spot

i would say start at 10 0r 12 feet and cast em figure out if its too long for you or just right if so chop it until you find the length you like too fish then pick up some more tips and cut em too that length.. most shots sell t-4 t-6 t-11 t-14 etc........ that way u can have a number of sink rates with tips that cast in the sweet spot

Thats what i was wonderin. I can make the individual sink tips to length to control the depth. But i need to go to the T-4,T-6 to control the rate. Just wanted to use up the 2 pkgs of T-14.Thanks guys. Was more concerned about adding the tips to the GPX if the front was heavy enough to handle the tips.

i understand dude i can cast the gpx no prob a mroe aggressive thicker taper will turn them over better but u should be fine... i can fish 2 different length tips if u wish for different sink rates like a 5 and 10 foot tip or even a few tips like a 2, 4, 6 and 8 foot tips.. but they will all cast a little different aswell as sink different.... but most places when selling bulk sinktip its usually 50 cents a foot or something like that so worse case u will only be spending a little more coin too get a few more tips in teh length u like....