Fly Fusion Forums

Spring 09

While I'm sure I'm not the only one with the itch to get the pontoon/drift boat into the water.

I took a drive yesterday, had the wife with me so I couldn't do much walking and I had a look at things.

The city looks clean, with the excepting of a little ice on the banks in spots.

Policemans looks really good, compared to years past where I remember way more ice, the launch is actually almost clean.

The bad news is Mckinnons is frozen solid, bank to bank!

Does anyone know where the ice starts to back up, any predictions as to when there will be about 6 feet of open water so a guy can float down? I'm assuming that Cottonwood is where it starts, anyone been down there on foot this weekend? Hows the confluence looking?

Thanks for the help!

Took another drive last night.

It looks like the ice starts to build at the top of the stretch above the confluence.

There were a few bergs floating down and piling up, may just be a ice dam...?

Maybe open water below, I wouldn't think so, but maybe.

Saw a drift boat go by on Saturday. They said they were pulling out at FC and I'm guessing they put in at Glenmore.

I checked the 22x/FC launch today. Gate to the ramp was locked (parking lot was open) and the road and launch was still snow covered. They would have had some trouble getting the boat up to the parking lot. The river looked great, a little bit of slush, but nice and clear.

• 2 weeks later...