Fly Fusion Forums

Korker Problems

Guest ArtVandelay

Guest JayVee

Hey guys

I noticed today walking back to my car that the felt on both feet of my Korkers has peeled away from the sole. These are replacement soles that have seen no more than 20 outings, and I'm probably being generous here. Has yours lasted longer than this? I don't do anything to maintain these...maybe I should. I'm inclined to ditch these and put the $30+ toward a new pair, probably those new Simm's Rivershed boots that you guys seem to like.

Are these Korkers with the interchangable soles?

If so I have over a year on mine and no problems at all, I have the river walker sandals also and no problems there either.

If not, what glue are you using to stick them on? I never had good luck with any of the replacement soles on my Hodgmans or Simms boots, abot a season was all I could expect.

Colin

Guest JayVee
Are these Korkers with the interchangable soles?

If so I have over a year on mine and no problems at all, I have the river walker sandals also and no problems there either.

If not, what glue are you using to stick them on? I never had good luck with any of the replacement soles on my Hodgmans or Simms boots, abot a season was all I could expect.

Colin

Yes they have interchangable soles. Do you clean yours or dry them out or anything else that might explain why mine are so short lived?

Yes they have interchangable soles. Do you clean yours or dry them out or anything else that might explain why mine are so short lived?

Clean or dry? Nope, just usually chuck them in the back of the truck and drive away. Contact Jack on the board as he's a bit of a Korkers guru and might be able to figure out whats going on.

Colin

My felts lasted over a year, and got quite a bit of use before they came apart. I think the problem is when you go and replace them you have to make sure that little velcro like thing in the middle is there otherwise its only held in by the edges and it probably comes apart faster. I noticed that those things are probably the weakest part of the system.

I will probably buy corkers again when these ones are toast. I like being able to switch into rubber soles or studded felt when its needed.

Hey guys

I noticed today walking back to my car that the felt on both feet of my Korkers has peeled away from the sole. These are replacement soles that have seen no more than 20 outings, and I'm probably being generous here. Has yours lasted longer than this? I don't do anything to maintain these...maybe I should. I'm inclined to ditch these and put the $30+ toward a new pair, probably those new Simm's Rivershed boots that you guys seem to like.

This happened to mine as well but after a couple of seasons. I glued mine back together with marine epoxy and a few c clamps. Simple fix and still holding.

JayVee: So these soles are under a year old with no contact with solvents or anything like that? If that is the case, I will PM you an address to email the complete description of the problem and photos if you can.

Been wearing mine since the new sole style came out, No problems at all. And yeah, those new winter rock/ice lugs/rubber soles are just incredible! Love the studded felts too, spent 4 days on the Elk and 3 days on the Blackwater last summer, not one slip.

"Korkers guru" ? That sounds soooo foreign!! :)

j

Guest JayVee

Wow mine hasn't lasted nearly as long as 2 or 3 years. The boots were bought in August '07 and I'm on my second pair of felts. Thanks for the epoxy suggestions...I hadn't thought of that. Jack; thank you for the reply. The soles were purchased about 6 months ago and no contact with solvents, unless you include Bow River water! I'll take a few pics and I do have the receipt.

Thanks guys

Neil