Fly Fusion Forums

Steel On The Fly...13' Snowbee Two Hander

ogilvie

Several months ago I was asked by a fellow in Ontario if I had ever fished the 13' Snowbee Two Hander...I have cast it hundreds of times but never fished it...So on this Tuesday past I decided to fish this rod ,the last person to actually fish this particular rod was a guy named McLeod, on the Nitinat...anyway, since I have too many 13' rods I rarely fish One. Anyway, We went Steelhead fishing on One of the Islands Remote Rivers and I wanted to fish this rod lined with a Beulah Elixir 8/9 Spey line...fast sink Polytip and so on...what a blast...super light rod with spectacular Power and agility...not soft at all nor heavy..it may not be a great Bow River Rod but man it can handle BIG.

Landed 3 Steelhead and a wonderful Sea Run Cutthroat...If you want to cast Scandi Style then this is the stick!

BTW...it was -6 degrees...this winter really sucks.

C

here's the Cutthroat...note the fly...the same fly I was using for the big Cutties in a lake...Eumer tube,Matuka Style Barred Rabbit...this fish took the fly from a Steelhead's mouth on the Swing...interesting relationship

C

Sweet pics; that cutt is absolutely stunning!!!

Yeah...I think so too...this system has some very large Sea Runs in June... and also in September...to watch Cutties bang the sides of 40 lb. Chinook to loosen the eggs is something else...when this occurs Male Chinook will leave the redd and chase the offending fish only to leave the female behind to be abused by TROUT..if ever you get a chance to witness good size runs of Chinook Salmon entering the fresh water you will see them gather in large groups and create a circle in perpetual motion...sometimes as many as 500 fish..Cutthroat trout join the circle only to single out the ripest female and begin their nonesense...a disruption occurs for a brief moment and then the mesmorizing circling continues and so on it goes.

C

Yeah...I think so too...this system has some very large Sea Runs in June... and also in September...to watch Cutties bang the sides of 40 lb. Chinook to loosen the eggs is something else...when this occurs Male Chinook will leave the redd and chase the offending fish only to leave the female behind to be abused by TROUT..if ever you get a chance to witness good size runs of Chinook Salmon entering the fresh water you will see them gather in large groups and create a circle in perpetual motion...sometimes as many as 500 fish..Cutthroat trout join the circle only to single out the ripest female and begin their nonesense...a disruption occurs for a brief moment and then the mesmorizing circling continues and so on it goes.

C

And you watch all this? Pervert! :eek:

:P :P :P

Nice Pic's Mr C.

I remember the day on the Nitinat....never seen rain like it, soaked to the arse i was, but a great day all the same.

Nice wee rod that.....o and its MACLEOD not Mcleod. 100% HIGHLANDER......not sure if thats good or bad.

My Apologies Macleod...being of Scot blood myself I should have known..Highlander..thats a good thing laddie!!??

To answer one of the comments there is no retention for Cutthroat Trout unless it happens to be a clipped fish , there are a few,most people simply enloy their beauty ...but wee cutties can sure be tasty.

BTW..is this what you mean Gordo...C

Now Mr C, thats a better picture.......a good looking guy playing a fish..

Gordo Macleod

Love that smile and FYI can still hear the rain drops from that day...wow

But here's a better Pic of Jocko...and of course One of his friends

C

Hey Brownstone,

The keep Jock locked up at Revelstoke most of the week, some BC Hydro place for the Crazy Folk, thanks for helping at the booth,was really good of you... i remember not feeling too smart one morning, and we where a wee bit late the next day.

Would be great to meet up while i'm in town, if you can come along on the evening myself and Scott are doing a wee demo, we are going for dinner and a few beers after..........i owe ya dinner and some beers.

If you cant make it, i hopefully will get back to fish the Bow with ya.

Gordo.