Fly Fusion Forums

Mac / Fusion/ Windows Issue

I recently had the hd on my iMac replaced and now am trying to get everything back in full running order.

Here's my primary issue : I have the fusion software loaded and had set up a 'new machine' and proceeded to install windows o/s. After about 35 minutes of whirring and file copying all was done and then I get a menu option while windows is starting asking for the Administrator password. I tried blank and other options to no avail.

I see two options at this point as no one can tell me what the password is - one is to uninstall the windows xp - but how?? the other uninstall fusion in the hopes that that will make everything go away and start afresh - but I see no 'mounted disk image' as instructed.

Can I set up another virtual machine and figure out how to get rid the one not working later??

any ideas appreciated.

You should be asked to set the admin password during the initial Windows install. I use Parallels rather than Fusion, so I don't know the exact install process, but that's how it should work. To delete the VM, follow the instructions here.

Tks I'll do that tonight. But I never did see a screen to 'set the password' only one to enter it to start windows.

....... later.