Fly Fusion Forums

What Are You Tying On

calguy1001

I am currently tying on the kitchen table. This is not always a good choice. I have been looking for a while and have seen a few choices. I have tried old desks but I think I would like to be more portable. Any one got a good solution or suggestions? I'm sure I'm not the only one looking.

Thanks

I use an old desk at home, and when a picknick table is unavailable a tv tray works for me when you are in the bush. I think more importantly is what you use to carry all your material and tools around in. A buddy of mine turned me on to one of those big tackle boxes the gear chuckers use. Lots of compartments and durable.

I use a thompson flat bottomed vise. Easy to move as well as pack as it comes apart in two pieces. A friend of mine took one of the table clamp vises and welded a stell plate to the bottom to create the same effect. Maybe put felt on the bottom as to not scratch the shite out of the table your working on. Tackle boxes make excellent storage for fly tying gear and materials. Everthing in one place just pick up and go. Nice for camping trips or tying with friends and such.

Hope this helps,

Mike