Fly Fusion Forums

New Forum - New Member

While I have been lurking around the site for some time now, I thought this would be a good time to go public. I live in Ottawa now but still remember my days in Calgary quite some time ago.

All your reports are great - getting out on the water is what it is all about. I was back in Calgary a couple weeks ago and made it a priority to get out fishing for an afternoon. Hope to have another opportunity this summer.

Congrats on the new forum.

Welcome aboard !

I fished The Ottawa River my last business trip out, was awesome fishing, landed a beauty Brown and lost a HUGE muskie or pike on a mad run, one of my best nights of fishing ever ! Can't remember the name but the spot was reccomended by a local fly shop, it is a bridge to Hull with three little islands (one is a park). Tons of nice riffles and runs plus a whack of pockets and deep runs all very close togther..... I love how you can be a KM from shore and still only be waist deep - can't wait for my next trip out. CYA

Welcome Northern fly.

Odd I'm a newbie here as well just moved here from the Ottawa Kingston Area, And just started fly fishing as well. done alot of hardware chuckin to Pike and Muskie in the Ottawa R. and Rideau R.

Ever fish down under the bridge at hogsback in Ottawa the are some big muskie cruisin under there, and if your up for a drive Calliboogie L. is Always a winner.

Hope I can find as good Fishing Here.

Teck

Welcome Northern fly.

Odd I'm a newbie here as well just moved here from the Ottawa Kingston Area, And just started fly fishing as well. done alot of hardware chuckin to Pike and Muskie in the Ottawa R. and Rideau R.

Ever fish down under the bridge at hogsback in Ottawa the are some big muskie cruisin under there, and if your up for a drive Calliboogie L. is Always a winner.

Hope I can find as good Fishing Here.

Teck

Thanks for the welcome. The fishing around Ottawa is different from Alberta but it is good. A number of us, spearheaded by Greendrake Outfitters have been active developing the brown trout fishery on the Ottawa river and there are regular reports of people catching good size trout within sight of the parliament buildings. Besides the trout there is lots to fish for in both the Ottawa and Rideau Rivers. I live within minutes of the Rideau where I have a few good spots for smallmouth bass and some pretty ferocious muskie. Definitely worth bringing a rod along if you are coming out this way.