Fly Fusion Forums

Anyone On Bell Expressvu

If so...can you do me a favour. Could you do a signal strength test and post your reading? We sit, typically, at 64% and I've been told by guys at work it should be 85% or better. I"m sick of this POS not working consistently and if I have to phone the aholes at Bell one more time about their technical bullcrap I'm gonna tell them to just cram it and go with Shaw in the new year.

Lynn, we have been on the Bell system for quite a long time. I just checked my recieve signal on the reciever and it shows 90 percent.

I work with antennaes all the time at work and as far as I know, the most logical reasons for a weak recieve signal can be attributed to any one of the following,

miss aligned antennae,

obstructions between the antennae and the sattelite, trees, other houses and the sort.

possibly snow covering the antennae surface,

if the antennae is mounted under the roof line say on a wall for instance, it may not have a clear view of the sky

faulty signal pickup thingy on the antennae (in the old days they were called LNB) or other faulty equipment.

Heavy cloud cover can restrict the recieve signal as well

My question for you is have you ever had a good strong recive signal and then it deteriorated? If so, that might point to a miss aligned antennae.

Send me a message and maybe I can take a stab at realigning the antennae for you. I live in the south part of town, close to Fishtales.

Murray

I've had Bell Expressvu for 5+ years, and the signal has never been below 90, sometimes up to 97. I did upgrade to the 24" dish right off the bat, clear line of sight to the satellite. The signal went down last year, one of the coax connectors had come loose. The dish sits under the deck to keep snow and rain off it.

We did the obligatory minimum half hour trying to get someone and then the 20 minute diagnostic. Turns out the last twit that did our satellite configuration when we went to HD put us on the wrong satellite #. They changed around a few things and now we're at 100%. Go figure.

Thanks for the replies (and the offer to fix Murray!)

We did the obligatory minimum half hour trying to get someone and then the 20 minute diagnostic. Turns out the last twit that did our satellite configuration when we went to HD put us on the wrong satellite #. They changed around a few things and now we're at 100%. Go figure.

Thanks for the replies (and the offer to fix Murray!)

I had a bad run of problems with Bell a few weeks back...........Seemed I was on the phone with them every day for a while..........Finally have it back to some semblance of normal but I can sure identify with you on the frustration that goes with dealing with them........I rent a and HD receiver and a HD PVR from them and the receiver was acting up but the PVR was fine.......I called them and told them I wanted a new receiver as I's had trouble with it for some time...........A delightful little Punjabi guy did some checking and his answer was " you are not the only one having that problem. It is the problem with the satellite software for that receiver and they are redeveloping it".......I told him that he should replace that receiver with one that didn't have the software problem and he said "you are not the only one having that problem. It is the problem with the satellite software for that receiver and they are redeveloping it.".......(I'm sure I haven't got the accent quite correct but you can fill it it!!).....After ca couple more attempts and the same answer, he asked "are you satisfied with my answer to your question?"..........I aksed why I should be happy that "I was not the only one having this problem" but he didn't get it............Too much fun........:(