Fly Fusion Forums

Sunglasses

Harps

This is a quick public thank you to Maui Jim!

I sent in a pair of singlasses for repair with a MO to pay for shipping them back. I expected to get dinged for the repair also (my second time sending them in... gotta stop leaving them on my desk under a pile of books).

They were back at my house in a week and the money order was returned with them!

Very quick (even during the xmas rush) and no questions asked...

Can't ask for better service for an excellent pair of shades!

Now that's good service. I wish I could say the same for Orvis. I sent them a rod in August and they sent me a confirmation letter saying they recieved it Sept 9 and that it would be fixed. That is the last I have heard from them and still no rod. What is the average time to wait on a rod after sending it in? Do they make it so painful to wait that you just end up buying a new rod the next time and not sending in broken rods anymore. The rod was brand new and the whole cork handle came ungludded and pulled off. How hard is that to fix? Sorry to hijack your thread but the title "Just need to vent..." made me think of it.

I sent in a broken section of my Zero G 3 weight to Orvis and it took 2 months and $60 for them to send me a brand new rod and case...not sure how I feel. Definitely happy to get a new rod and now I have a spare aluminum case but the turnaround time is truly disappointing...

Now that's good service. I wish I could say the same for Orvis. I sent them a rod in August and they sent me a confirmation letter saying they recieved it Sept 9 and that it would be fixed. That is the last I have heard from them and still no rod. What is the average time to wait on a rod after sending it in? Do they make it so painful to wait that you just end up buying a new rod the next time and not sending in broken rods anymore. The rod was brand new and the whole cork handle came ungludded and pulled off. How hard is that to fix? Sorry to hijack your thread but the title "Just need to vent..." made me think of it.

I've heard nothing but good things about maui jim shades, they are said to have great optics and are nice looking to boot. I may have to buck up and buy a pair for next season.

It's nice to feel like you haven't been ripped off for a change, makes people want to continue shelling out for a product if that is the kind of service you get. Word of mouth goes a long way in my opinion.

I bought the one pair last year... red lens, excellent in low light... then I broke them and bought another as a back up... now I use the grey tint lens as the primary and red lens as an option.

Your eyes are worth the best protection you can get.