Fly Fusion Forums

Lost Tip Section

Guest 001

Guest RedWiggler

Hi, I went to Hullswood this morning for the first time since last December, what a great trip, half way between the parking lot and the river on the path I lost the tip section of my rod. It belongs to a 4 piece 6 weight so is fairly small. I was walking down to the river, you know were the path branches off and you stay to the left and walk between the 2 big trees, I had walked about 200 yards when I slid the 2 halfs together and gave it a whip. This is when the tip section flew off behind me, so I turn around and $%^& there is all ready a foot of snow on the ground and my tip section is the same diameter and color of the bushes it could've flown into. I looked for an hour and said $%^& it, this is like looking for a needle in a stack of needles, not to mention the snow was piling up by the second. I went home grabbed my Sage and went to a section of water closer to home and manage 6 fish 2 Bows and 4 whiteys they all took a size 14 beaded Baetis nymph. If you dont have to drive today then dont, its a bloody gong show out there.

If anyone is in the area and happens to find a tip section could you please PM me and we will see if it is mine please, please.. I will throw in a dozen of my most productive flies.

Thanks, RW.