Fly Fusion Forums

Out Of Province Inspections

Howdy fishers,

I just picked up an impala from vancouver, and need to get it inspected for out of province... In the past I had this done and remember feeling like I was getting gouged a bit, as I know my old truck was as good as or better than a lot of the vehicles I see driving around and yet they still found a bushing that was "worn a bit" (even though it had been replaced 2 weeks before)...

Anyhow, so my question is, has anyone else done this before, and where have you had a relatively easy inspection (ie no charges for replacing the upper muffler bearings etc)?

Cheers,

Jon

PS, looks like a good weekend to be on the river, anyone having some luck?

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

you take your car in and they inspect it. They will tell you what NEEDS to be fixed and if it isnt safe to drive they will withhold your vehicle. You can ask them to fix it of have them tow it to another shop or house.

I use the Chrysler dealership that i work at because they dont care if they fix it or not there are still more jobs to do.

Jon,

I do Out Of Province vehicle inspections. If you've had something replaced 2 week before, & have the receipts to prove it, there's no reason why it should fail for those parts...unless they're just trying to gouge you.

There are some options you have in this situation. PM me if you want to discuss it further.

Mike

took my F-150 to a dealership and it still hurts when I sit down. Have kept my truck very well maintained, never let anything go, kept everything up to date and they still managed to find $4700 worth of repairs.

Colin

Had to take my truck to Crappy Tire when I brought it up from down south for an out of province. Took them like 20 min, the guy at the service counter did it. Not sure if it's the same type of out of province inspection, but it was painless. I suggest finding the busiest Canadian Tire in Calgary, they probably won't look that hard.