Fly Fusion Forums

Fishing Costa Rica Tarpon

Wifey and I are looking at going to Costa Rica next year for two weeks. I will need to fish for a minimum two days. Could any of you provide advise on were to go? We are looking at being in the Playa Del Coco area. My main interest will be tarpon on fly. Guides, equipment rental, tips would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to PM if you wish.

Thanks in Advance

The Mudflap

Black Marlin charter did a great job for us both fishing and diving (the captain has over three thousand dives) I think they have an office in Coco. I'm no expert but I think the Tarpon are on the other (east) coast. It doesn't look like a long way away on the map but it is. Good luck.

There is the Indo-Pacific Tarpon but they are quite a bit smaller than the Atlantic Tarpon. If memory serves me the largest specimen recorded was 1.5 meters and just around 18 kilos. Having said all that I'm not sure if they are endemic to the Pacific coast of Costa Rica.