Fly Fusion Forums

Great Fishing Community!

jefferson

I just wanted to thank the many local folks who've answered my many stupid questions since I started fly fishing about a month ago. I have not met one person who hasn't been more than happy to share what they know... even offer a fly that may be working at the time. The help has certainly paid off too. I was getting a little frustrated after spending the first couple weeks catching nothing, but the last week or so has been great and last night I landed my first 20" Rainbow... and then a 20" Brown not more than an hour later!

It's a great community here in Calgary and I'll be sure to uphold that when I'm on the water!

Sounds like you have the bug. Now you get to spend vast amounts of time and money trying to master all the lesser skills, buying a ton of equipment and have your wife and kids pissed at you for not spending more time at home. Welcome aboard....Just kidding I love this sport like none other....

Awesome, good on yah Jefferson. I also want to say thanks for such a warm welcome to the site, I haven't been here long but everyone has been super rad, can't wait to get on the water with some of yah. Growing up in Cochrane/Calgary I think I took for granted that there would be a site out there like this one, but I'm super glad I found it, great to meet likeminded fellows. Cheers!