Fly Fusion Forums

Meet My Friend....

LynnF

Colourful little guy - well, little for that river - only about 17 inches. Holy stinky waders was it smokin' on Friday. When we got there the flies were in full force and they didn't quit until after 9:30. Thermometer read 35 degrees. Thank God on Saturday we woke up to cool, cloudy skies - I would have killed someone otherwise. No bugs, and there again didn't make for good dry fly fishing, but we managed a few on various stretches of the Livingstone. Even found some solitude if you can believe it ;) . Check out this guy's mandible though....just 3 weeks into fishing season and it's already ripped off (and no, it wasn't from me either :lol: )

LivinstoneCutty.jpg

Nice fishy Lynn. Fat and pretty. We fished the Crow in Wed afternoon and it was sublime. Lots of willing rainbows in a relatively unfished reach. Thur was 37°C at the campground. Cooled down well at night--thank God. I played grumpa for three days with the kidlets....too damn hot to fish. Took kids to the Bellevue mine tour on Thur when it was a bazillion outside....7°C inside the mine. Brrrr....Also took GD and buddy to a small pond on Thur night..no fish....lotas caddisflies tho....the girls had a ball trying to cast.

fishing-1517-500.jpg