Fly Fusion Forums

Online Ordering

darrinhurst

Guest JayVee
Has anyone ordered anything from Orvis, Simms or any other of those guys? I see that Orvis has a great deal on some wading boots, but I am unsure as to order them without trying them on.

Has anyone had any luck in doing this?

I'm reluctant to order anything online that has to fit properly. Most online retailers will not pay for return shipping (there goes your savings, likely). Country Pleasures is an Orvis dealer; go there and try them on, if you can. Orvis has HUGE shipping charges. I was interested in their bootfoot waders and shipping on them would have been almost $100!!

I'm reluctant to order anything online that has to fit properly. Most online retailers will not pay for return shipping (there goes your savings, likely). Country Pleasures is an Orvis dealer; go there and try them on, if you can. Orvis has HUGE shipping charges. I was interested in their bootfoot waders and shipping on them would have been almost $100!!

Yeah, I know. They charge 30% or a minimum of $30 to cover duty and shipping to Canada. So my $49 wading boots are suddenly $79. Still cheaper than any other boot I have seen locally, but I would need to try them on first. I have talked to Country Pleasures about them, but they don't carry that model.

I guess the shopping continues......

Yeah, I know. They charge 30% or a minimum of $30 to cover duty and shipping to Canada. So my $49 wading boots are suddenly $79. Still cheaper than any other boot I have seen locally, but I would need to try them on first. I have talked to Country Pleasures about them, but they don't carry that model.

I guess the shopping continues......

Try calling Monod Sports in Banff.. they carry Orvis as well. http://www.monodsports.com/main.php

I called Country Pleasures one day for this exact reason.. wanted to try on some Tailwaters XT bootfoots waders, they didn't carry them. Called Monod and they had them in stock.

The only thing about doing that is I kinda feel bad that I don't end up buying in the shop. Not sure about the ethics of it..

Try calling Monod Sports in Banff.. they carry Orvis as well. http://www.monodsports.com/main.php

I called Country Pleasures one day for this exact reason.. wanted to try on some Tailwaters XT bootfoots waders, they didn't carry them. Called Monod and they had them in stock.

The only thing about doing that is I kinda feel bad that I don't end up buying in the shop. Not sure about the ethics of it..

GAHHHH! They actually DO have them, but not in my size! Dammit all to hell! lol

So far as the ethics go, don't worry about it. They still get your money, right? What do they care about how they get it?

So screw the online ordering bit. I went to a couple of shops this morning on the hunt for some wading boots so i can get started with this whole fishing thing. I tried on a pair of Simms for $110 over at West Winds, and really liked them, liked the dude there too, helpful and nice, didn't want to spend that much, but they were alright considering my narrow foot. Then I went down to Wholesale Sports to see what they had and ended up with a pair of Hodgman's for $90. I know that they probably aren't the same quality as Simms, but they fit my foot so much better and I could lace it up tighter. I did go back to West Winds and pick up some neoprene socks with the built in rock guard, so that I could wet wade in them while the weather is still warm.

I went with comfort and I would have spent the exta $20 if I felt the Simms were just as comfortable. And considering that I haven't even hit the water yet I wanted to be a little more budget concious.

I hope I made the right decision.

Anyone know how the Hodgman's are?