Fly Fusion Forums

2008 Photos So Far. Got Lots.

Tako

Finally got a buttload of pics off my camera and onto my laptop. I don't know what all I posted before but here is a bunch from this year so far.

Thanks to JMasson for showing me a sweet hole on the Lil Smoky! You rock dude!

Anyone swinging through the north country, shout at me, Peace River is a lonely place for a fly fisherman. Everyone here wants to hump those ugly walleye all day :?

Arriving in Alberta I am greeted by my boss who says "Let's go to Sulphur"

2008-AB-SL01.jpg

2008-AB-SL02.jpg

2008-AB-SL03.jpg

2008-AB-SL05.jpg

Next up was Figure 8, which I have learned quickly. I hate going there because it's always packed. But those damn browns have me in their grasp. I gotta get one. And I will. Here's a typical assortment of rainbows. Almost all in the 1.5-2lb range, with the odd older fish pushing the 3lb mark. Kicking right in there at 14-17"

2008-AB-FE02.jpg

2008-AB-FE03.jpg

2008-AB-FE13.jpg

2008-AB-FE14.jpg

2008-AB-FE15.jpg

2008-AB-FE24.jpg

Next up was East Dollar Lake, which I have a love-hate relationship with. The fish are big and TOUGH, the mosquitoes are brutal, the lake is scummy and the browns are glued to the shoreline. I've hooked a couple gooders, but nothing monster to the tube yet.

Brown time

2008-AB-ED02.jpg

Nothin but big fat healthy tough scrapping bows

2008-AB-ED03.jpg

2008-AB-ED04.jpg

After a few rounds of the local lakes, it was time to hit the Little Smoky. JMasson and I took a chance and talked ourselves into hitting it this past saturday. After heading into an unproductive spot, I hooked a big bull and JM landed one grayling, he had to head home and I tried out a different area he figured there would be fish. You were right dude! Wahoo!

Good mornin on the Bigstone

2008-AB-LS01.jpg

JM chuckin flies

2008-AB-LS03.jpg

Finally gets one (lots and lots of swearing up to this point)

2008-AB-LS05.jpg

A promising find

2008-AB-LS10.jpg

YEEEAAAHOOOOO I think they heard me in Fox Creek when I stuck this old warrior with a #16 stone

2008-AB-LS12.jpg

2008-AB-LS13.jpg

2008-AB-LS14.jpg

A few more to round off the trip and I was headin home

2008-AB-LS22.jpg

2008-AB-LS11.jpg

And then there was Weberville. What a place to practice your fish photography, lol. CPUE on a good day is about 15-20 fish per hour. Here's the best of the lot from my many afternoons at the trout pond

2008-AB-WTP05.jpg

2008-AB-WTP44.jpg

2008-AB-WTP07.jpg

2008-AB-WTP18.jpg

2008-AB-WTP27.jpg

2008-AB-WTP32.jpg

2008-AB-WTP40.jpg

Exiting stage left...

2008-AB-WTP36.jpg

No problem, boss! Was a good day, even if we only got one fish. Went to that hole downstream of the bridge? Nice spot, eh?!

August 21 on the Blackstone...I'm pretty sure I could get down there for that. Hit the Wapiabi one day too. My mom's visiting from Florida then but I'm sure I could swing a couple days for fishing.