Fly Fusion Forums

Inland Fishing In Labrador

Well I'm going to be in Labrador for about a month and I am looking for any tips, info and resources. Be as though Fort Mac has already been taken over by Newfoundlanders there must be some around that know a lot I don't. I'm going to be in the Alexis River area west of Port Hope Simpson. How much is a licence there and can you get them anywhere? I'm looking to be fishing in remote lakes/ponds on a dingy.

Thanks,

Steve

here is the 2008 anglers guide

http://www.nfl.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/publications/...rsGuide2008.pdf

You'll need a guide if you fish more than 800m from a proper road, unless you have blood relatives that are NL residents to babysit you.

And what ever you do don't forget the fly dope, you'll last much longer without water.

Goodluck in the big land.

here is the 2008 anglers guide

http://www.nfl.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/publications/...rsGuide2008.pdf

You'll need a guide if you fish more than 800m from a proper road, unless you have blood relatives that are NL residents to babysit you.

And what ever you do don't forget the fly dope, you'll last much longer without water.

Goodluck in the big land.

Thanks a lot for the info I guess I'll have to look really hard for a proper road. I hope the bugs aren't to much worse than Gagetown, NB.

Thanks a lot for the info I guess I'll have to look really hard for a proper road. I hope the bugs aren't to much worse than Gagetown, NB.

he he he he ... black fly little black fly, always a black fly no matter where you go, I'll die with the black fly licking my bones in north Ontar......errrr...Labradorio in north Larbradorio.. :lol::lol:

good luck brother....the flies in that region are ..... Biblical

Gonne have to ditto browstone, been to Gagetown during high season for bugs, and drove the inland highway from goosebay to churchill falls, and have never ever seen bugs like on that road. Recomende a perfectly sealed bug jacket plus heavy deet, or those black flies will carry you away if your not carefull.