Fly Fusion Forums

Moving To Regina

:(

Well just my luck soon as the Spring/Summer fishing season is here I am relocating to Regina because of a new job.

so my question is anyone got any good advice of where to go there. Rivers/Lakes/Small streams. Does anyone know of any good fly shops there or in Saskatoon? I did find the Flatland Fly Fishers Inc. club in Regina and will prob join that as well. I did join the Calgary club and am sad to leave it behind as well. I am really happy to have meet some of you guys/gals on here and sorry I didn't get chance to fish with you all.

Who knows maybe we will be back in the future. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Dann

thanks for the info Sandi, but not I would drive 2 1/2 hours or 4 hours to them...not with the price of gas these days. But just in case I am up there on a trip or something

There is also the Kilpatrick Fly Fishers in Saskatoon http://www.kilpatrickflyfishers.com/

and the Northern Waters Flyfishers in Prince Albert http://www.nwf.ca/

Between the three clubs, you should be able to get a lot of info.

Good luck with your move.

Sandia

well if I was in that country this time of year in my spare time you would find me exploring defienbaker lake right close to the fish hatchery in all the bays around there you don't even need a boat just some huge streamers and lots of backing :)

pokey's tackle shop, great northern rod and reel and cms are the main tackle shops in regina. pokeys has the most fly selection in town. however not that big of selection. Northern rod and reel would have what you need for fly tying materials but minimal fly selection.

just outside of regina there is a privatly owned trout pond called silver springs. 10 bucks a head for catch and release. for a good lake i would say diefenbaker anything else you'll have to hit up narrow hills provincial park about an 5 hrs drive north.. hope this helps.

Dammit wongrs.... that's supposed to be my secret around here :P

also check out Sand Ck (beasant campground) just west of Moose Jaw along #1, brookies that no-one seems to fish for.

thank you so much for your help guys..I promise I only catch and release so any body "secret spot" will be left better then when I fished it( I pick up garage along the banks when fishing)

I will def be back to fish around here as well but just never know when

thanx again

and I will def be back here to the forum from time to time to ask for all the expert advice you have shared with me so far....

tight lines guys and gals

Diefenbaker is pretty cool for sure, but the Qu'appelle Valley Provincial Park is popular as well and there is great walleye fishing there in the "Fishing Lakes", only fished Echo Lake though. the Qu'appelle river flows just a a half-hours drive north of Regina, but never fished it. If you are interested in using fly gear on a river your best bet might be goldeye in either the Qu'appelle River or South Sakatchewan. Flyfishing for Pike in the shallows of some of the prairie lakes would be good. Saskatchewan Landing Provincial Park on Lake Diefenbaker is a popular spot. Buffalo Pound has fishing I think, since its just a dam on the Qu;'Appelle. Don't fish Waskana Creek in Regina, but thats obvious once you see it. There are numerous opportunities to fish private trout ponds in Southern Saskatchewan, jst ask around at the local tackle shop. Have fun, Regina is not a bad little city.

Diefenbaker is pretty cool for sure, but the Qu'appelle Valley Provincial Park is popular as well and there is great walleye fishing there in the "Fishing Lakes", only fished Echo Lake though. the Qu'appelle river flows just a a half-hours drive north of Regina, but never fished it. If you are interested in using fly gear on a river your best bet might be goldeye in either the Qu'appelle River or South Sakatchewan. Flyfishing for Pike in the shallows of some of the prairie lakes would be good. Saskatchewan Landing Provincial Park on Lake Diefenbaker is a popular spot. Buffalo Pound has fishing I think, since its just a dam on the Qu;'Appelle. Don't fish Waskana Creek in Regina, but thats obvious once you see it. There are numerous opportunities to fish private trout ponds in Southern Saskatchewan, jst ask around at the local tackle shop. Have fun, Regina is not a bad little city.

thanx man will have to check these out too

Regina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..............sorry about your luck dude.

funny thing is it reminds me of Stockton, CA very similar demographics

we are planning on maybe staying for 3 years them maybe go somewher else...who knows maybe back to Calgary if the house prices drop and we sell for a lot in Regina....L

• 1 month later...