Fly Fusion Forums

Bullshead Today...

beedhead

Thought I would share a few shots from today, Talked to these Lamas along the way, They said they were going to try to make it out as well... :P ..

Twas an absolute Crazy Chronie fest...Had a great day... :) ..Caught them on a few other patterns too, but Chronies were the ticket...

Mostly sight fishing in one of the many Shallow bays B.H. Has to offer, They were stacked up like Crazy... in about 12-24 inches of water... :D

Cheers...Jeff.. :D ..

032.jpg

031-3.jpg

028-1.jpg

023-6.jpg

020-4.jpg

019-9.jpg

007-8.jpg

013-8.jpg

008-10.jpg

Look here, jerk! Do you really have to rub it in that you get to fish Bullshead every single effin' day???? :angry:

How would you like it if a bunch of us Calgree boys came down there and pulled Bullshead a couple hours closer to

Cowtown? :lol:

Just kiddin', Jeff; another fine set of pics, brother! I'm starting to think that you like pics...HA-HA-HA...

That 4th shot looks like a little bigger 'bow; really nice.

When I read that you "talked to these Lamas along the way", I was expecting a pic of some Tibetan monks!

Remember this:

"The one-L Lama, he's a priest;

The two-L Llama, he's a beast;

And I will bet my silk pyjamas,

There's no such thing as a 3-L Lllama!"

I can't believe I still remember that stupid poem; my childhood was a LONNNGGGG time ago!

Later,

Steve

Thanx guys...Now that they are out of spawn mode, they are starting to feed hard and fatten up. The pics dont do them justice on the thickness, Maybe a month ago it did, The fight was on too, seen backing twice today...Bullshead sure hasn't been very crowded this year, compared to the last 3 years...Last long weeken was pretty much like any other weekend...There was a couple weekends that were a little on the crazy side...And if it does get crowded, go for a walk, there are allot of good spots around the lake, if ya want to go for a walk...And now out of spawn, they start spreading out around the lake, rather than being stacked up at the north west end, as they do in the early spring...

Cheers...Jeff..

Great to hear ya got into lotsa fish :) ..K's on weekdays only, Will fish B.H. on weekends, Just have to go for a walk to get away from the people...Most people don't fish more than 200 yards from the parkin lot...And thats where most of the little guys hang out...I go lookin for the biggens...And just like to walk and explore anyways...

Cheers...Jeff..

Was suppost to go back last week, but the Rain put a damper on that, soon I'll be back to work, and you guys wont have to look at any more B.H. pics... :D ...I could always post pictures of the new A.C. Hi-Bryd rigs...LOL...NOT...

Cheers...Jeff..

Was suppost to go back last week, but the Rain put a damper on that, soon I'll be back to work, and you guys wont have to look at any more B.H. pics... :D ...I could always post pictures of the new A.C. Hi-Bryd rigs...LOL...NOT...

Cheers...Jeff..

Its ok Jeff im sure between the two of us we will be able to keep the pics comin in...Hahaha. But yeah work........mabey if you guys to the west would quit pushin all the wet stuff our way! :P Jeff and i are pretty much on food stamps so we can aford fuel to fish :blink::lol:

Its ok Jeff im sure between the two of us we will be able to keep the pics comin in...Hahaha. But yeah work........mabey if you guys to the west would quit pushin all the wet stuff our way! :P Jeff and i are pretty much on food stamps so we can aford fuel to fish :blink::lol:

Dont ya mean fuel stamps?...LOL... :P ..

Made it out there yesterday for the first time with SteveMurphy and had a blast. Things started off well for both of us and he kept nailing them after things cooled off for me with some secret fly he wouldnèt even let me see ;). Called it the twister or something... Things picked back up for me later and we caught a good variety of fish but nothing massive. Wind co-operated and the cloud cover picked up the bite nicely. Beautiful country around there. Thanks to everyone who helped make this fishery happen!