Fly Fusion Forums

Just Fishing In The Rain

reevesr1

A few shots from today. Fished with Troutlover, got a little retribution. We both hooked big fish. I had one get me 75% through my backing, straight downstream in big current, no way to chase. I ended up just putting the brakes on and broke it off. Jared hooked a big one as well, two big head shakes and gone. Biggest one we landed was right at 20.

After I caught this fish, we pondered if we had anything to "match the hatch." As it turns out, we did:

002mg5.jpg

Caught this guy literally right off the bank. Darkest rainbow I've ever caught:

003yo9.jpg

005qo9.jpg

Probably the biggest of the day:

001us2.jpg

Sure is easy to land them when the water is 4" deep on the bank! The river is a raging torrent of death right now. Sure is fun!

Hey Rick nice fish dude! Yeah the water has been pretty murky. I was out today as well walking the banks and ran into a few myself

Hit this one pushing 22"

P5240007.jpg

This one took a new type of worm that I've been playing around with roughly the same size

P5240015.jpg

and this one swinging a small bugger pushing 24

P5240025.jpg

Hey Rick nice fish dude! Yeah the water has been pretty murky. I was out today as well walking the banks and ran into a few myself

Hit this one pushing 22"

P5240007.jpg

This one took a new type of worm that I've been playing around with roughly the same size

P5240015.jpg

and this one swinging a small bugger pushing 24

P5240025.jpg

Thanks for the call L......now that your a mod you're probably to good to fish with us peasants eh? :P:lol::rolleyes: ....i can't believe the river is still fishin that good.

WOW! those are some really nice fish! Might have to "catch a cold" and have a sick day soon, but the river looks like pooh where I went by it today... I am guessing these were caught in the grass mostly.?!? :unsure:

Quick(ish) thought here: Someone on this board mentioned using a center pin (can't remember who)... anyways, this would seem to be a perfect time to use it... if your interested in giving it a try in this high water let me know, and maybe I would be able to join you and help you out with the drift gear terminal tackle and might just bring out a drift rod my self...

Jon