Fly Fusion Forums

Do You Use A Water Bladder When Fishing?

Do you use a water bladder when fishing? what size do you use? would you like smaller or larger? I am looking @ the fishpond but can't decide between 52 or 100 ounces. 100 ounces would be close to 9 lbs that semms like alot

Wayne

sometimes I carry a hydration bladder on really warm days when i wear a vest..mine is 2L and it can definatly weigh on you when its full .. and will warm fairly quickly and can make your back uncomforably cold..Ive also tryed freezing 500ml bottles half full on their side and fill the remainder just before you head out..i find this system better for distibuting weight and keeping your drinking water cooler for longer..

Guest Sundancefisher
You can easily go through 100oz in a long day of walking in the summer.

All this talk of hydration packs makes me need to use the can... :-]

Speaking of which the "large" lipped nalgene bottle is great for relieving oneself into while in a tube without having to go to shore...number 1 of course...

I tend not to drink or eat much cause of the adrenaline. Mind you when it is slow it seems getting out a sandwich causes the fish to bite.

Hey All,

I have been using the fishpond vest all last season. I bought a 2L bladder from mec and it works awesome. Rarely do I fill it up entirely as a full bladder becomes bulky especially when you need to throw other stuff in the back of the vest. Before I used the bladder i found I always didn't drink enough water and by the end of the day i was dehydrated and had a head ache. Now that I have the hydration stuff down I need to find a solution to forgetting to put sun screen on!

Mike

2L is great. 3\4 bottle of coke and 1\2 bottle of crown and away ya go :rolleyes: i use mine mostly on the pontoon, i just through the straps over the seat and have the hose at hand for a sip anytime i like.

I've got a 1 L platypus that I use in my Fishpond vest/pack combo. For the long days in the mountain streams, I'll be taking an extra bottle (half frozen to keep it cool) in my pack just in case.

I managed to jam my 3L MEC hydration pack into my Fishpond pack on the weekend which was good. Made it a bit heavy but I wasn't dehyrated thats for sure. It's harder for me to be lazy and not suck through the tube that's inches from my face vs. having to take my pack off (put rod down first) and then go through to get my water bottle.