Fly Fusion Forums

Moving Company Recommendations

We have just recently sold our house and bought a new one and will be moving in a month. Instead of breaking the backs of my buddies I figured I would get a moving company to move our stuff. We will be doing the packing and moving most of the delicate stuff and the movers will be doing the majority of the furniture and boxes.

I am looking for recommendations for local companies that you have had good experiences with. If you care to tell me about a bad experience those are welcome as well. Perhaps a PM would be better to not publically slag anyone but that is up to you.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

We moved in December and used Jay's Moving. Like you we packed and unpacked our own stuff and moved the important things ourselves. I would recommend them for sure. A nice thing was being able to get boxes from them and then return them for a full refund. We got all the boxes we needed (and more) and took our time unpacking, returned them about 3 weeks later and got all the money back. The crew did a good job and they were fast. They showed up at about 9:30 and were leaving the new house at about 4:30. I just had to stand there and tell them what rooms to put the boxes. I would use them again. Hope this helps.

Thanks Red, much appreciated. For some reason I was shying away from the big companies based on the assumption they would be that much more expensive. Interesting about the boxes though, that is the next issue.

Thanks again.

Guest Sundancefisher
Thanks Red, much appreciated. For some reason I was shying away from the big companies based on the assumption they would be that much more expensive. Interesting about the boxes though, that is the next issue.

Thanks again.

We used Wagenaar's Moving

They did a great job and they only do one a day so they are not going to leave you high and dry if you are the afternoon move.

They also work by the hour and you can move some stuff yourself to save time. They worked efficiently.

Cheers

Sun

We used Alberta Movers a couple years ago to move us out to BC. We did it in two stages and both times were very happy with them. Moving locally is a bit different but still doesn't hurt to check with the Alberta BBB on any companies you're considering.

I've been using the same guy now for 4 years to do all my office moves. He also moved the lawyer at my last company who had many tens of thousands of dollars of antiques, collectibles and EXPENSIVE furniture to be moved and did a stellar job. He is very personable, uses his own guys (won't subcontract out), personally supervises the move and will do whatever you want. He's top notch in my books (I'm pretty picky that way) and won't use anyone else. His name is Jim DeLay and his number is 850-8525. Tell him I referred you - he'll bring me get more Bernard Callebaut chocolates if you do :)

Good luck with your move - how exciting to be in a new house!