Fly Fusion Forums

Help Choose Flyline

I have that Rio Gold in a #6 and don't like it at all. It would be a great dry fly presentation line but I didn't like the way it loaded the rod for nymphing or streamer fishing. Very supple line though, and many people really like it.

I'll sell you a used once Rio Gold line for $50 if you'd prefer.

I have that Rio Gold in a #6 and don't like it at all. It would be a great dry fly presentation line but I didn't like the way it loaded the rod for nymphing or streamer fishing. Very supple line though, and many people really like it.

I'll sell you a used once Rio Gold line for $50 if you'd prefer.

What rod were you using it on ? I need the 6 for a TFO Ticrx what do you think

Guest bigbadbrent

I'm w/ rusty, i have a Rio Gold as well, and its an odd line..don't like the taper on it at all

What type of fishing are you planning on doing? I haven't tried out the Gold yet, but I do have favour for most other RIO lines like the Selective Trout and the Nymph lines.

The 4 would be for dry's the 6 would be for streamers or lake fishing

i liked the rio gold and will agree with what others said... its a weird line thats forsure... might toss better on my 6wt if i put a 7wt line.... really lightweight with a slight even taper.. the rio grande is a great line tho!... best part was the 2 toned head on teh gold so u know were too stop feeding out line and start shooting the head... i would stick with the ultra 4... have used it in teh past and had no problems with it at all... better yet i love my aircel! still on most of my sticks