Fly Fusion Forums

Go To The Bow River!

My wife works for Guinness in the Storehouse, Dublin, the tourist part of Guinness brewery and a Canadian couple were there doing the tourist thing yesterday and she asked them where they were from. Calgary!

She mentioned that I take part in this forum and they said any chance I get to go to Canada, I should fish the Bow!

Calgarians promoting their fishing, nice one!

My wife works for Guinness in the Storehouse, Dublin, the tourist part of Guinness brewery and a Canadian couple were there doing the tourist thing yesterday and she asked them where they were from. Calgary!

She mentioned that I take part in this forum and they said any chance I get to go to Canada, I should fish the Bow!

Calgarians promoting their fishing, nice one!

Guinness? Is that some sort of Scotch Whiskey or something?

I first tasted Guinness in Pau, France of all places. I'd never tried it before because I couldn't get over the look of it. Suffice it to say, i cursed myself for my lifelong stupidity on the first sip. Instantly my beer of choice.

1 week later, I was in Aberdeen. It was like it was a different beer, much smoother. (Every time I taste one on this side of the pond, I'm always a bit disappointed from remembering how good it was in Scotland.) My friend from Aberdeen, who had been with me in Pau, said that the change in quality from Pau to Aberdeen was nothing like the change from Aberdeen to Dublin. I will one day go to Dublin for the express purpose of tilting a properly poured pint of positively pure Guinness!

I can also confidently state that the bliss I will feel upon lifting that pint will pale in comparison to the bliss you will feel upon hooking your first 18" Bow River Bullet!!