Fly Fusion Forums

Michelle Res...may 3rd..

Fished with Myth at B.H. today...Got into some fish...Bite was real good for a while...Lake was a little crowded, but not to bad for a Sat...Co's were out, handed out a couple of liquor tickets... And a few tickets for other infractions...They did a thorough job of checkin out all of the Fisherman...Great to see!!!..Slowed down a bit , so we decided to check out Michelle, We did about 10 days ago...but was still pretty much froze over...And worried the fish had winter killed due to the extremely low water level...Within a couple minutes of bein there, we were both into fish...We had a hoot!!!...Got allot of the little guys to hand...Very very healthy lookin fish...nice and plump, and no signs of any problems with them at all...And were putting up one hell of a good scrap!!! :):D ...Myth was just cheering as he was catching them (He just loves that little lake)...I do to, but not quite as much as he does... ;) ...We walked around looking for signs of winter kill...But nothing...No gulls at the lake was my first clue that the fish might have made it...Very happy the fish made it!!!...Seen allot of runoff finding it's way in from Various parts of the lake...Thats what she needs...

Cheers...Jeff... :D:)

013-4.jpg

018-3.jpg

014-2.jpg

009-4.jpg

The new Dam...

011-9.jpg

028.jpg

The new spillway...

025-2.jpg

031-1.jpg

003-4.jpg

023-3.jpg

The fishing at Michelle was insane! We caught 20ish fish in about 45 mins - we were catching them as fast as you could cast your line out. Was really a great time. And of course its always fun pissing off all of the weekend warriors at Bullshead by out catching them 10-1 haha. Really happy to see Michelle is in great shape - its the lake were I caught my first fish on the flyrod so it holds a special place with me lol.

Are those snails the result of a stomach sample? Anyone got a good snail pattern? Talk about having to dead drift.

Not a stomach sample...Just took a pic of some of the bazillion snail shells washed up on the shore...I'm sure the little Bows enjoyed those through out the winter...