Fly Fusion Forums

Bunny Box

PrarieCreekFlyer

Ive got 12 open spots left in my bunny box left to fill in (that arent being filled with double bunnys or ganders or matsukas or zonkers) im targeting bullies and large broonies with this box. Anyone got any god patterns to try? (anyone know what bunny pattern Humblefisherman uses in the bulltrout video is called)

Regards Mike

its asimple bunny leech... strip for the tail and wrap in teh rabbit like hackle for the body.. u dont need too make em super complex too slam bulls.. the rabbit give u the action...... dont forget the eyes.. why the hate for double bunnies? or do u already have some.. tehy are deadly in more streams and lakes than u could ever imagine....... simple string leeches too are great rabbit strip flies

I call it the half rabbit cause I used half a rabbit. ok that was funnier when I was playing with the glue.

half%20rabbit%20(5)good.jpg

Hooks: two Mustad 1/0 34007

Thread: Red 6/0

Body: red, black and white rabbit

Flash: orange

Eyes: Sea Eyes Large Red

Legs: Sili Legs Firetip Red/black

Glues: Goop for binding the rabbit, crazy for securing rabbit to hook, Epoxy for the head

Hooks joined by stainless steel leader.

Fishing suggestion: Cause I think it will be hard to cast (my biggest pole is a 6 weight) place it in the water next to your pontoon or float tube and paddle like crazy.

how about one of these if you got some scraps leftover.fills the box fast.

Guest bigbadbrent

Do you have

1) Stinger hooks (gamakastu octopus or equivalent)

2) Firewire or equivalent (i use straight mono called Slickshooter)?

3) Magnum Rabbit Strips

if so, loop the firewire through the eye of the stinger hook, and back over the hook, then tighten. Place this hook in your vice and tie in long section of rabbit. Whip finish.

get another hook, place in your vice, and tie your firewire to it (loop it back on itself, tighten it good with thread, and glue it if you want the extra strength).

You then want to use the rabbit like hackle and palmer it forward, over the stinger hook, over the firewire, and onto your front hook. This will make a fly that has way more size and motion then any double bunny.

tie off, and do what you want to finish it off