Fly Fusion Forums

Beulah Tonic Lines

ogilvie

Beulah's new Tonic lines are about to be released at Spey-O-Rama this week-end and here at our shop in a week or so..I have several on their way to play with... also the new 13'6 fast Action Spey rod will also be released then...exciteing time ahead for those that can get their hands on these lines!

C

• 3 weeks later...
Beulah's new Tonic lines are about to be released at Spey-O-Rama this week-end and here at our shop in a week or so..I have several on their way to play with... also the new 13'6 fast Action Spey rod will also be released then...exciteing time ahead for those that can get their hands on these lines!

C

Well, Not only are the New Tonic Lines released but WOW...great little lines to add to the master collection..much more able to handle regular sink tips and T-14 type connections..Available at the store

Are they available in weights for the lighter switch rods like the 5/6? They aren't listed on the Beulah website yet...

Hello there headscan,

They are available in all Switch and Spey(except the 4/5 switch) sizes...I like them...the heads are very short and fast 23-25' Orange heads and grey running line....looped and ready to go. They handle much better the newish casts and can bomb out quick overhead casts. There is no need for long sweeping movements but more inclined moving roll casts and the like. I was casting the 6/7 Spey and the 8/9 Switch yesterday...landed a big trout to boot...I was surprised at the mendability of the line...the running line is not toooo thin...and thats a good thing!

Will send some your way soon...need to get the complete range on hand.

C

there will be several of us out tomorrow working on several more of the Tonic Lines...some big trout about and still a few Steelhead...will be fishing small Intruders tied on Eumer Tube accessories...great to cast and nice to fish with..

C

Just got back from a day on the River,and it was fun ,successful and dry. Landed 2 Steelhead on the new Beulah Tonic Line useing a 14' CND Type 6 tip. Was able to do an underwater movie of a Steelhead doing it's thing,displaying the colourful intruder pattern tied on a Eumer Tube...

The fellow with me was also a spey caster and a well known outdoor writer...took some great pics of the line developeing loops and during the casts...very tight loops ,perhaps too tight to enabe the line to really deliver large flies...but outstanding for the needs of the Bow River Fishers. The Tonic line I was useing was the 8/9 Switch 435 grain, the head was about 24'.

C