Fly Fusion Forums

2nd Hand Vice?

DrBullet

Hi All,

I don't suppose anyone has upgraded or has a second (redundant) vise that they would be interested in selling (ideally a C-clamp variety)? I have an embarrassingly cr@p vise which now barely holds a hook...and is driving me mad! :angry: I am not an expert, by any stretch of the imagination but my current attempts are being hindered by an uncooperative device!

I'm on a budget and not particularly skilled so it's probably not worth suggesting anything "high end"...a basic, sturdy and functional model would be ideal (I'm also not likely to tie anything smaller than a #18).

Alternatively, if anyone can suggest a decent entry-level vise to buy, that'd be great too.

Cheers,

Nigel

I purchased a low priced copy of the " Regal " vise shown here: http://www.russellsports.com/files/ff-signature_4.pdf. last year from a great shop outside of Vernon (probably a chinese knock off, but a guy's gotta save a buck here and there).

The vise has great hook holding pressure. It will rotate, but, it is not as convenient as a true rotary.

If you want to call them, their info is below. My Dad and I have dealt with them for years and their "GOOD" guys.

Kenkraft, Lavington, BC. 250-545-5101

Let me know if this helps and if they still have these available.

Cheers, chronie63 :D

not sure if you are still looking for a tying vise, I have an ANVIL APEX VISE that I am willing to part with. I was waiting for a set of midge jaws for my NOR - VISE and picked it up. It has the base mount and the c - clamp .Only tied with it for a couple of weeks. i am located in THE HAT.