Fly Fusion Forums

Sinking Tip / Floating Line...

Hi, is it poss to use floating line / sinking tip? I have floating line but don't want to put out the $$$ for line and reel, can I get away with a sinking tip? I have some of my streamers I'm made.But if I have to have the whole sinking thing I'll just stay with my floating line and worm.. that works pretty good for me... Thanks.

I use a 6 ft section of lead core with a loop connector at either end, works great, easy to switch! Seems like the SA L2L connectors would work as well, but don't have too much exp. with them, maybe others on the site do?!

Peter

I use a 6 ft section of lead core with a loop connector at either end, works great, easy to switch! Seems like the SA L2L connectors would work as well, but don't have too much exp. with them, maybe others on the site do?!

Peter

Hi thank-you for your reply, but will the tip of my floating line sink? Thanks.

Hi thank-you for your reply, but will the tip of my floating line sink? Thanks.

A little bit, but is shouldn't be a problem as when you remove the sink tip, it should float again - unless you have cheap line that you have cut and not sealed with zap-a-gap, etc. and therefore will get water logged, but then you can just dry it out.

I've been using a sink tip with my floating line and seriously haven't had any problems!

You should also regularly clean your line and dress it (check with the different manufactures so that you don't ruin your line). I use SA lines and use their cleaning cloths and dressing, so I cannot comment on what else is available for other brands.

P

A little bit, but is shouldn't be a problem as when you remove the sink tip, it should float again - unless you have cheap line that you have cut and not sealed with zap-a-gap, etc. and therefore will get water logged, but then you can just dry it out.

I've been using a sink tip with my floating line and seriously haven't had any problems!

You should also regularly clean your line and dress it (check with the different manufactures so that you don't ruin your line). I use SA lines and use their cleaning cloths and dressing, so I cannot comment on what else is available for other brands.

P

Ok, thank-you...