Fly Fusion Forums

Fishpond Shooting Star Vest/pack Combo

Having gone a long time with a side bag and small backpack for so long, I finally bought the Fishpond Shooting Star vest/pack combo and tried it out for the first time yesterday on the Bow. I must say that it is quite the versatile unit. The chest pack is detatchable for those days when you want to go light, but I think I'll have both on most of the time. I like the chest pack over the vest pockets as everything is very accessible and close by. Plus, I only carry 2 smaller flyboxes. The backpack had plenty of room for some extra layers, thermos, platypus, lunch, and anything else you want to take with you. The straps were quite comfortable, and everything appears to be well made. This will be very handy when I spend lots of time on our southwestern streams in the summer.

My other options were the Wildhorse, High Country, and Double Haul, but I liked the chest pack and larger pack. Check it out:

http://www.fishpondusa.com/packs.cfm

So far so good, and I'm liking my new purchase. :)

Fishpond have really great practical fly vests.

I promised myself I'll get one this year.

Sun,

Just watch the zipper handles and make sure they dont have any lilttle slots in in them. I bought a fishpond jacket and my tippet and leader were constantly geting caught up in it while switching flys, and even sometimes my 4 weight line when wading. The vest other that that was great. I since switched to a springbrook Ghillie vest which is awesome,

Regards Mike