Fly Fusion Forums

Wader Dilemma

fishfreak

So I've searched high and low for different wader options, and I think I'm down to my final two: Simms G3's or the Dan Bailey Yellowstone Guides. Both have similar features, with big pockets, fleece hand warmers, heavy duty waterproof breathable material, and highly recommended at the flyshops that carry them. Both also appear to be used by lots of guides who swear by them. The Dan Baileys are cheaper, but don't have the Gore Tex brand material like the G3's.

My question is, which one would you take? Is there anyone out there with the Yellowstones? I've heard lots about the G3's already.

I own the G3s but I've also read lots of good reviews of the Dan Baileys. I would say you can't go wrong with either one and it comes down to whether you want to pay extra for the Gore-Tex. Fit/comfort may also figure in. Have you tried on both waders? If one fits a bit better than the other that would be the way I'd go. Nothing beats comfort. For me the G3s fit perfectly and I got them at a good price so I just didn't bother looking any further.