Fly Fusion Forums

Window Suppliers In Calgary

Guest Sundancefisher

Guest Sundancefisher

I have had nothing but trouble with Gienow and refuse to go back for anything from them. I would like to replace a few windows that are west facing and giving us a lot of unwanted heat. Any ideas on which companies or company has the best product, best price, best value, best service?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Kevin

Surprisingly,many don't know ,I spent 30 years in developeing energy efficient windows and aggressive energy systems for residential housing ..both new and renovation. I would recommend that you contact either Lux windows in Calgary and ask for a ReHau PVC window(not a slider!) with Soft Coat LowE coatings on Surface 2 and 3 plus an Argon gas Fill. Equibuilt in Edmonton also has some great features and have been produceing major windows since the mid-'70s. You may even wanta reflective surface on teh exterior of the windows. These will be expensive but do as they say they will. MAke it bearable and efficient.

C

Guest Sundancefisher
Surprisingly,many don't know ,I spent 30 years in developeing energy efficient windows and aggressive energy systems for residential housing ..both new and renovation. I would recommend that you contact either Lux windows in Calgary and ask for a ReHau PVC window(not a slider!) with Soft Coat LowE coatings on Surface 2 and 3 plus an Argon gas Fill. Equibuilt in Edmonton also has some great features and have been produceing major windows since the mid-'70s. You may even wanta reflective surface on teh exterior of the windows. These will be expensive but do as they say they will. MAke it bearable and efficient.

C

Good info. Is Lux a high end window? Would they sell just the glass to fix into a wood frame or just the PVC version? What do you think would be a price for a 6' X 4' window?

Cheers

Sun

Try Ray O Max. Saw them at the home show, it seemed like they have good product.

I've never worked with them though so I have no idea if they are any good or not.

They're site is a little slow but it'll come up after a minute or so.

http://rayomax.digipicsworks.com/

Ray-O-Max Windows Calgary

5329 72 Avenue SE,

Calgary, AB T2C4X6

Tel. 403-296-1222

eMail e,jensen@shaw.ca

Good luck