Fly Fusion Forums

Topographical Maps.

Those are decent maps, I haven't looked them up in a while, but they have improved the service quite a bit since my last visit.

Thanks for the link.

No prob. Ive been lost all day in them. They really have got alot better.

If you have $100 burning a hole in your pocket I suggest you get the digital topos down at maptown. One DVD covers all of SW alberta and SE BC. If you have a GPS that you can connect to your computer it will track your movement on the topos in real time. Great for driving up and down fire roads looking for places to climb in and out of canyons. You can also use them to set waypoints on your GPS before heading out for the day. The online topos are great, but of no help when you are out in the bush!

I'll answer that...Just read the reply above a little closer. :wacko: Yup 100 bucks...Phoned maptown as well...The guy said that disc is about the best bang for your buck.

Thanx for the Info RegDunlop.

Jeff..

Yep, 100 bucks for all the maps covering the area in 1:250 000 as well as 1:50 000. It would cost thousands to try to buy them all in paper format! Definately best bang for your buck.

I've been thinking about getting GPS. My wife claims we get lost just about every time we go hiking/backpacking. It could be real useful. She can't read maps very well. With GPS I could show her how far off the trail we are, where the cliffs ahead of us are, where we should have gone, pick out exactly where we got off track,...

Let us know what the best value is.