Fly Fusion Forums

Spey Weekend Location

Guest bigbadbrent

Where would you like the spey weekend to be located?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you like the spey weekend to be located?

• Burnsmead Bridge, Fish Creek Park
    • Hullswood, Fish Creek Park
    • Boat Launch, Fish Creek Park
    • Southland Dog Park
    • Other

Guest bigbadbrent

Hey everyone, just thought we should do it this way, just due to the fact that it will be easier to get an agreement if we do it democractically.

->Burnsmead Bridge, easy access, has the walking bridge, and tons of water that is very spey friendly on both sides, not a lot of people fish right at the bridge.

->hullswood, easy access, only gives access to river right, and is busy (everyone already practices river right, time to practice river left!)

->as is the boat launch

->Southland gives access to both sides, and is a complete joke to access, is more centrally located, but you'll be competing for spots with dog walkers (so?)

Upstream of 17 ave is closed, and it will just be less stress if we don't fish there, and can leave the CO's to doing real checks, not trying to tell us we're fishing.

Any other ideas?

Guest bigbadbrent

The dogs can only be on river right there, and honestly, you can get away from them by walking 2 minutes

I gotta say anywhere without a bridge is a complete waste of a weekend

I think either Burnsmead or Southland would be best just because of the bridge access. There may be people fishing at either one, but who knows, maybe they'll be interested in the two-handed sticks. Besides, once it's decided I'm sure that everyone on the board who isn't interested will avoid the area that day.

Guest bigbadbrent
I think either Burnsmead or Southland would be best just because of the bridge access. There may be people fishing at either one, but who knows, maybe they'll be interested in the two-handed sticks. Besides, once it's decided I'm sure that everyone on the board who isn't interested will avoid the area that day.

Its a weekend in april, there will be people everywhere

I voted for Hullswood, not because i know where that is, but because Toolman showed me some nice spots to fish at Southland dog park , and i don't want you guys catching the fish there before i get over :lol: ,

Where ever you have it have a good weekend, look after Jock's fly fishing show stool and leave the Troot alone.

Gordon.

Guest bigbadbrent

I think if it ends up at hullswood, its a waste of a weekend. People need to learn and practice both sides of the river, not just river right

I think if it ends up at hullswood, its a waste of a weekend. People need to learn and practice both sides of the river, not just river right

Agreed. Plus people can sort of scatter a little more that way at some point, maybe half on one bank and half on the other.

Guest bigbadbrent

the washrooms are not open till the 1st of may at burnsmead.

I'd say pee in the woods, but you get a lot of old lady dog walkers that might be a little interested in your 'sanjuan worm'

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=50....mp;t=h&z=17

Centered on the parking lot, just exit Deerfoot @ Bow Bottom Trail and head south until you see the sign for Burnsmead (if you go into the main park area you missed the turn).

nnnnnooooooo!!!!!! you just posted directions to the ultra super top secret fishing spot!

(sorry, you knew sooner or later someone was going to say it :P )