Fly Fusion Forums

Afs Outbounds

dino

Hi Dean;

Both those lines are fun to cast and well designed...similarly,the CND Skagit Lines are almost identical in feel.

Beulah is soon to have the new 'Tonic" lines that will certainly be more aggressive to the caster

C

Hi Dean;

Both those lines are fun to cast and well designed...similarly,the CND Skagit Lines are almost identical in feel.

Beulah is soon to have the new 'Tonic" lines that will certainly be more aggressive to the caster

C

When are the Beulah Tonic lines coming out? Is Cortland still making these for Beulah? (I believe they made the Elixirs)

Cortland does indeed make the Elixirs to Beulah's Specs..I think the Tonic's will be out before the end of the month and if Lucky will have a bunch to use and sell ...will post as soon as I get the info'

C

Will they be building any for the 4/5 switch?

Regards

Dean

as far as I know they won't be making any of the elixir line types for the 4/5...if you get out to the Spey Weekend you have to try the Snowbee 8wt. Two Colour line on that rod...I think Maxwell has One and several others

Regarding the AFS I am skeptical ...Although I have not cast it I'm not sure I am sold on the idea of having a short head hybrid between a scando/skagit set up that doubles as a mid spey(or power spey as the new name)... My thoughts are with a head length of 31-42 feet they are on the long side to cast big nasties tied on to heavy tips.... and with the taper get away from the skagit principal of it takes grainage to cast grainage......Too short to fish a fixed line length that a Mid to long bellied line provides...So why the did rio come out with such a line?? The only reason I can come up with is to provide a do it all line..however I can tell u it will never cast big nasties like a skagit nor will it ever replace a Mid/long belly for its lack of stripping and swinging a dry tip??? Just my thoughts...

as far as I know they won't be making any of the elixir line types for the 4/5...if you get out to the Spey Weekend you have to try the Snowbee 8wt. Two Colour line on that rod...I think Maxwell has One and several others

indeed i do have a few for some of my switches and they do indeed make em small enough for your 4/5 switch dino.... two tone yello wtoo green... fish great with some nice small too mid weighted tips..... or bigger nymph rigs.....

mykiss i here ya dude well said dude....