Fly Fusion Forums

The Crow?

me and lethfisher went out for a few hours on saturday afternoon. I had a couple on right off the bat and then didn't get anything after that. We passed a guy who lives in the pass and said he has been having really good luck lately. He mentioned using a black midge pattern. There is definitely alot of open water to be fished. Just make sure to check how bad the wind is before heading out. The last few days it has been picking up pretty bad down here.

hi npauls, it may have been me you met on the river Sat. afternoon. I met a couple of young guys from Lethbridge that had caught a couple. Guess I should of asked if it was Lethfisher. I was thinking it may have been. Any way it was nice meeting the two of you and hope to see you again, next time we should know each other.

Thanx guys. Iam headin out tomorrow with ggp. Nice thing about the Crow you can always get out of the wind some what.

If its good fishin...I might stay over night. Ill give a report when I get back. Sure hopin Ill get into some fish. I looked at some

posts from Feb. and sounds like the Bows are srill thriving. Maybe Clive and adc will show up... I ran into the both of them the last

spring on my 1st fish out, and Clive the spring before that my 1st fish out. Had a hoot!!! Iam bush wacked and have shack nasties...

tomorrow should fix that!!!

I don't know it's going to be tough to take pic's when were playing fish all the time!!!!! ;)

LOL!! I sure hope so! If not oh well...Then I guess there will be alot of pics of the mountains and water conditions...Perhaps some wildlife pics as well..LOL.

Iam just looking forward to seeing some country rather than stunted muskeg trees and ice roads.

I was on it for a small time sat evening, and we had good success. #4 sjw and #18 midge, and / or #18 red bloodworm was a meal ticket for me. As was said before, lots of open water now (though down from the falls was still frozen on saturday, which meant I couldn't try the section from hwy 3 downstream)

............(though down from the falls was still frozen on saturday, which meant I couldn't try the section from hwy 3 downstream)

It's open at Hwy 3 now -- probably all the way to the reservoir. Terry

Who wants to join me tommorow on it? Thursday Mar 13th. Any takers?

Just got home and would have joined you no doubt...I was going to stay for the night and fish tom. but my daughter phoned me while I was out there and gave me a weather report for Thurs. and It didnt sound all that warm (cloudy in the aft w/a high of +3...-9 in the morn). Today wasent all that warm...but the sun was out and that made the big diff. Ill down load the pics from today and make a report in the morn. It was a pretty good day, ggp and I left for home on a good note.

Cheers all....I needed this day out!!!

The crow is never a bust (in my humble opinion) even if the fishing sucks the big one. It's just such a nice place to be most times... even if the fish ain't hitting I can always look at every peice of water on it and bring up a good memory on it. :D