Fly Fusion Forums

Jon Boat And The Lower Bow

I have been toying with the idea of a small Jon boat with a jet drive for the lower Bow but my knowldge of these matches the amount of people I know that own one. I am not looking to skip up the river at a blinding pace rather would just appreciate being able to get up without pissing anyone off.

I cannot have someone shuttle my truck as it is set up to accommodate my phyical condition which might make a boat of this sort more suited to my needs.

Like I said I am not looking to get anything to big or heavy. Any help in directing me in some direction would be greatly appreciated.

A 1448 with a 20" transom and a Merc 20 Jet will get two guys and gear up on step no problem (even three guys at times, depending on how big a lunch you had), and it will do it at a relatively low cost. I'll stay out of the debate/political side of things; I'm new around here, but I can imagine it's like most other places where guys are running jets...