Fly Fusion Forums

Thunder Creek Silver Shiner

Guest Rocknbugs

Guest Rocknbugs

Heres my go at the Thunder Creek Silver Shiner, I tied 14 of these today in White/Brown & Chartreuse/Brown

This one has no eyes or epoxy yet but the tying is done, any suggestions or insight.

IMGP0177.jpg

This one is complete, personally I think the head is to small and round.....maybe slimmer and longer??

IMGP0175.jpg

Just a few random shots sitting at the table.

IMGP0153-1.jpg

IMGP0154-1.jpg

IMGP0155.jpg

IMGP0150.jpg

IMGP0146.jpg

IMGP0145.jpg

IMGP0196.jpg

IMGP0190.jpg

Todd, I believe you started your lessons back in November? You've come a long way in a short time. Those, and your stimmies from the other day, are some nice ties!

Neil

Guest Rocknbugs
NIce job on the extended body man! NIce ties!

Thx man those are hard to tie, 20lb Maxima extended off the shank to form the extension. They started looking ok but when I start working the thread back to the post to attach the hackle, the body starts looking sloppy and the thread looks really messy from underneath which unfortunately is exactly what the fish see's.

Guest Rocknbugs
yeah they are pretty tricky to tie, I was using a thin pin to use as a base for the body, then pulling the pin out when I was done tying the body

Here's one that I tied for one of the competitions last year.

P3050855.jpg

I was at Country Pleasure's yesterday buying another vice and some tying material & we got to talkin about that Comparadun, he to told me about the thin pin procedure as well, I will have to give it a try. Is that just Olive dubbing wrapped around the body and does it go on before or after the hackle? I like that, its one way to cover up my ugliness....lol